Monday, September 20, 2010

Bedroom Inspiration

I can totally see this vignette as I walk through the door into the master bedroom.  By the way, does anyone know where these curtains are from?



As you walk a little further, you might find something like this:

















or perhaps a vaulted ceiling? I find the painted boards charming.





or painted exposed ceiling beams?






I love this use of space.






Another Eleanor Cummings design that is absolutely stunning.  Perfect.
If we lived in Texas, we would have this:

House Beautiful




If only we lived in Greece, then we would have this:






Or in New York City, we might have this:

House Beautiful





Simple beauty.






Hot hammered headboard.





Pottery Barn perfection.



What inspires you in the bedroom?

By the way, I started collecting these photos a long time ago and don't have the sources for some of the images.  If you can help me with some of the unsourced images, I would be grateful.  Thanks in advance.

19 comments:

  1. Would you ever do a painted floor? I can't get enough of them. Beautiful images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all those exposed beams but when we built our home, I found out they are difficult to do. If you want insulation in the ceiling then you have to cover the stucture with sheetrock and then add false exposed beams. We opted for a single exposed structural beam upstairs in our house and painted it white. I love it! I vote for the simple pottery barn pic but they are all lovely in their own way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear I love every single one of those images! One to suit each mood that strikes me. I love that green bench in the green and white bedroom.

    Jennifer
    http://alittleluxe040708.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great eye candy! Thanks for all the inspiration in one place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i LOVE the white exposed beams! and i'm a sucker for potterybarn. so glad you found my blog ... look forward to reading yours too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a gorgeous collection of bedrooms you've curated over the years! i love the first image...the colours are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great images! I am especially drawn to an all white bed. I recently purchased black and white bedding and realized quickly that it wasn't me - so back it went. White from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the vignette! Just fabulous! Have a great day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the painted vaulted ceiling. so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All of those are fantastic. I do love the pottery barn one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The architectural details and woodwork in most of these rooms makes a big difference. They're all gorgeous rooms. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great images - I really like the second photo - the bedside table screams my name!

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous bedroom inspiration...tempting me to get back into bed...(I wish!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the first two pics. You already know I have bedrooms on the brain right now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my goodness. the painted ceiling beams are gorgeous. thanks so much for stopping by my blog. i hope your husband ends up loving teaching as much as i do. love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh that bedroom above was interesting it would be more looks better if there's
    Multiple Rattan Conservatory Furniture surround that :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you.